Thursday, June 5, 2008

John McCain's FULL@S#i+ Tour Across America (cont'd)

McCain pressed on opposition to Webb GI bill

There’s a reason your response was met with zero applause, Senator.

McCain Fails to Come Clean on Katrina Record

Rodriguez: Senator, my understanding is you have voted twice against the creation of commission to investigate the levee failures around New Orleans, and my question is: Why have you voted against that creation of that commission?
McCain: I’ve supported every investigation and ways of finding out what caused the tragedy. I’ve been here to New Orleans. I’ve met with people on the ground. I’ve met with the Governor. I’m not familiar with exactly what you said but I’ve been as active as anybody in efforts to restore the city. …


Despite his claims otherwise, the reporter was correct, and McCain’s record on Katrina is not at all what he would have you believe.

-- McCain Voted Twice Against Establishing A Commission To Study The Response To Hurricane Katrina. [ 9/14/2005, 2/2/2006]
-- McCain Opposed Granting Financial Relief To Those Affected By Hurricane Katrina. [9/15/2005]
-- McCain Voted Against Five Months of Medicaid For Hurricane Katrina Victims. [11/3/2005]
-- McCain Voted Against Emergency Funding Bill, Including $28 Billion for Hurricane Relief. [5/4/2006]

McCain Caught Off-Guard About Campaign’s Lobbyist Problems

Wallace: Let me ask you one last question. David Axelrod said you talked in your speech today about changing the way Washington does business, but your campaign is run by two of the biggest lobbyists in Washington. How do you respond to that?
McCain (stuttering): “Uh, I di.., look, uh, the, the, those, they are not lobbyists, but th.. the fact is Americans care about my vision and plan of action for the future,”… blah blah bs, blah … ‘Obama is a liberal’ blah…

Wallace didn’t press any further (of course) on who this “they” is, but it was a lie in any case clearly worthy of a few Pinocchios.

No comments: