Monday, July 23, 2007

write your own punch lines

Cubs draw bidders, deal could top $1 bln: source

(Reuters) — The Chicago Cubs franchise, being sold by media group Tribune Co., has attracted credible interest from about 15 parties, and a deal for the baseball team and other assets is expected to top ONE BEEEEELLLLLLLION DOLLARS, according to a source familiar with the situation.

First-round bids are likely due after the Sept. 3 U.S. Labor Day holiday, with a winner expected to be picked in October. A deal is expected to close by the end of the year. The winner must be approved by Major League Baseball.
...
To receive the confidential information about the Cubs needed to make an offer, a prospective bidder must fill out an application form that is evaluated by the sellers and submitted to Major League Baseball for approval.
...
Tribune, which is being taken private in an 8.2 BEEELLLION DOLLAR deal led by real estate magnate Sam Zell, declined comment.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I, for one, welcome our new Zellian overlords. I trust they will do the right thing and dismantle the Cubbies once and for all. I swear, if I hear another "Make the wind blow out at Wrigley today Tom" again I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow UP the stadium myself. Then see how they like playing at Kaminsky Park.

Smiff said...

Fung doing a bad Skilly again...didn't Corms tell you to stop dis, threatening legal action?

(if dis is Corms, dude, you're slipping)

Corms said...

That weren't me.