Friday, July 27, 2007

oh, the irony

On da front of the Tribune there is this story:

Mercury part of BP lake waste
The BP refinery in Indiana will be allowed to pour the toxic metal into Lake Michigan for at least five more years.

Underneath that is this ad: "BP is committed. To learn more about BPs environmental safety standards, click here." And this, in fact, does NOT lead to a page that reads, "Go Phokk Yourselves," but to a page that tells you how they're not polluting Lake Michigan... Ok, ok, i know, that is their way of saying, "Go Phokk Yourselves."

Smiff, still auto-free and lovin' it...


6 comments:

Fungster said...

So you went from IL, where you had a car but didn't need it, to CA, where you need a car but don't have one. The old job musta really sucked.

Fungster said...

If you let them pollute, they'll keep the jobs here and keep your gas low. If you don't, they will leave and gas prices will rise. It's really that simple. Make your choice.

Corms said...

I buy my gas at Citgo. Hugo's a nutjob, but it's better than giving my money to the Saudi's and also as far as I know Hugo isn't dumping toxic waste into my drinking water.

Smiff said...

But i don't need a car here. I take a (free!) UCSD shuttle to work. I can take a (free!) bus downtown with my UCSD i.d. There are 5 supermarkets within walking distance of my apt., and tons of restaurants. I figgered out how to take the bus to the airport. I have a FlexCar account (which i haven't even used yet). &tc. Smiff, reducing my carbon footprint...

But the old job did really suck, mostly because Northwestern SUCKS, Henry Bienen is an asshole, and the library "director" was a super, major, HYOOOGE asshole.

Who's Hugo?

Corms said...

Hugo? Chavez?

Smiff said...

Oh, DAT Hugo. Well then, that's nice, COMRADE.