Tuesday, September 25, 2007

they made sweet, sweet manly love...

TEAM CHEMISTRY HAS NEVER BEEN SO DEADLY TO THE AMERICAN BEAR

"[It was] just a once-in-a-lifetime experience, especially going with Jimmy. When we got out there, the guy said we could hunt [separately]. But my main thing [was], I wanted to be in the stand with Jim Thome. I turned down hunting by myself to be with him."--Mark Buehrle, White Sox starter, on hunting bears with Jim Thome.

"When [Thome] first signed and got traded over, he actually called up and left me a message saying, 'I'm happy to be your teammate, and I hope we can get together and hang out.' I saved it forever."--Buehrle

"I was so excited Jim Thome called me. I was showing my buddies, and [my wife] Jamie still laughs at me to this day how excited I was. Just him being a hunter, and he's a great guy. He hit 500 home runs and is a future Hall of Famer, hopefully. Just everything, it kind of adds up. Just to be out in the woods with him was awesome."--Buehrle (Scott Merkin, MLB.com)

1 comment:

Sarge said...

Well, they sure found something out there in the woods to keep them busy...

But what happens when he finds that flannel? After Jim is gone...