Saturday, June 14, 2008

Phillies, Squirrels Crush Cardinals

ST. LOUIS (AP) -- Three big swings from Chase Utley, Ryan Howard and Pat Burrell set the tone. Then the rest of the Philadelphia Phillies joined in the fun.

Utley, Howard and Burrell homered in successive at-bats in the first inning and the Phillies had a season-high 21 hits in a 20-2 rout of the St. Louis Cardinals on Friday night.

"I think that definitely got us going, yeah," manager Charlie Manuel said. "If that don't get you going, I don't guess nothing will. Well, except for my wife's
crunchy baked squirrel. Dangummit, that's some tasty squirrel."

2 comments:

k-mad said...

I gotta go wid Cholly on dis one... dat sounds like mighty tasty squirrel... Paprika? Who knew...

k-mad said...

I've always cooked my squirrel in the popcorn popper. I'll have to try this "baking."