Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A little tidbit that says a lot...

That we already know, but in a depressing way.

From McClatchy's Washington Bureau:

_ Retail sales were up a scant 0.1 percent in June, the Commerce Department reported Tuesday. Gas prices accounted for all the increase, Vitner said. "You take out gasoline prices and sales were down," he added.

Nevertheless, Bush boasted that tax-rebate checks were prodding spending.


I don't know how to say this, but I'll just say it: wouldn't Bush be a much better president if he would just acknowledge something of what's happening? He could acknowledge any truth and I would be happy. I seriously think that if his ideology told him the sky was full of chickens, he would call clouds feathers. And that would be that. It's just so depressing. And annoying.

1 comment:

k-mad said...

Tuesday: "I think the system basically is sound, I truly do," Bush said. "And I understand there's a lot of nervousness. . . . But the economy is growing, productivity is high, trade is up, people are working. It's not as good as we'd like, but . . . to the extent that we find weakness, we'll move." (Yay! Ed.)

Wednesday: News item: Consumer Prices Rise at Fastest Pace in Quarter Century