Sunday, September 14, 2008

Fungrant - Baseball Stadiums

This weekend forced home what I knew all along - baseball stadiums should have retractable roofs. I mean, if you have to stop the game because of rain, and rain happens quite a lot in the summer, then why wouldn't you put one on? Two new stadiums going up in NY, and I don't think either will have a roof on it. What gives? While I understand why you couldn't play in Houston, since fans would be blown away on the way to the stadium, and that's when they weren't been struck by all the debris our wasteful capitalism has created, we've had a deluge over here in Chi-Town that postponed 2 games, and I don't see them getting Sundays in either with the remnants of Ike getting here. We coulda got those games in if we had a roof, for sure. That means both the Cubs & Sox are gonna have a hectic last few games, the Twinkies & Brew Crew will do just fine with a roof over their heads. So why isn't there a rule saying every new stadium's gotta have a roof?

2 comments:

k-mad said...

Why does Fung HATE entropy?

Fungster said...

Didn't Fung explain dat in an earlier comment to annudder post? Also, didn't I get rid of the K-Mad variable? What's he still doing here? Dis blog should only be me posting, Corms commenting. Now dat's order.