Saturday, January 19, 2008

Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars, Geovany!

While losing 25 pounds helped, Geovany Soto [MONK!] attributed his breakthrough 2007 to the power of positive thinking. "At one point, I just started breaking boundaries," Soto said. "It’s good to hit .260, .270, .280 but why just that? Why not .350, .360? I was believing and working hard. You would be amazed at what kind of stuff you can do." Soto, long viewed as a future backup at best, is set to enter this year as the Cubs' starting catcher. "No doubt. I feel ready," he said. "I think I’m prepared to play in the major leagues. You have to work hard and never sit back on your achievements to be the best player you can be."

Yeah, why not .360? and why not 35 homers??

1 comment:

Corms said...

Sounds similar to what another young Cub said about 15 years ago, "50? Why not 60?"