Friday, August 10, 2007

Does anyone have him?

ST. LOUIS (AP) -- In spring training 2005, Rick Ankiel launched his new career as a 26-year-old minor-league outfielder. In his first game back in the major leagues, he launched one out of the ballpark.
Ankiel's three-run homer capped a storybook return and Joel Pineiro worked seven scoreless innings in the St. Louis Cardinals' 5-0 victory over the San Diego Padres on Thursday night.
"Unbelievable," Ankiel said. "You almost can't put that into words."

Sarge, hurry!

4 comments:

Smiff said...

Did Decker ruin his career the first time around? (or second?) I can't remember.

Anonymous said...

Did this Decker person pick me up in a fantasy league around 1972?

Smiff said...

I don't think so, Steve, as i think he was still in the larval stage then. But maybe Papa Decker crossed paths with you at Wrigley...

Anonymous said...

Thanks Smiff. I guess I was just mentally weak.