Friday, October 3, 2008

Um. Okay

I like how Chris Matthews immediately pointed out that our potential new VP isn't going to answer the questions you want her to and wants to explore expanding the power of the Vice Presidency. Power hungry and anti-democratic. That's how I like my politicians.

Just for fun, I went and looked through Article II of the Constitution. I think this section makes it pretty clear that despite the acknowledgement that the VP is the president of the Senate in Article I that the VP is part of the executive branch.

U.S. Constitution. Article II, Section 4. The President, Vice President and all civil officers of the United States, shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and conviction of, treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors. [Ed.: This includes lying about blow-jobs].

No such provision appears to exists for members of congress. I suppose I get extra credit for that.

And I can't get "Joe 6-pack" out of my head. I am so not Joe 6-pack, not even Joe Box 'O Wine. My guess is if I met Joe 6-pack he and I would think eachother assholes. Oh well.

1 comment:

k-mad said...

Ah yes, the Constitution - the last refuge of the America-hating scoundrel.

If anybody in BushCo had ever read the Constitution, there's no telling how many shenanigans might have been averted.