Saturday, October 11, 2008

Even McCain realizes his supporters are lunatics...

I guess he hasn't lost all of his humanity. Nevertheless, you reap what you sow...

McCain booed by rabid supporters for defending Obama as a "decent person" (video)

McCain booed after trying to calm anti-Obama crowd (AP)

LAKEVILLE, Minn. - The anger is getting raw at Republican rallies and John McCain is acting to tamp it down. McCain was booed by his own supporters Friday when, in an abrupt switch from raising questions about Barack Obama's character, he described the Democrat as a "decent person and a person that you do not have to be scared of as president of the United States."
~~~
On Friday, McCain rejected the bait.

"I don't trust Obama," a woman said. "I have read about him. He's an Arab."

McCain shook his head in disagreement, and said:

"No, ma'am. He's a decent, family man, a citizen that I just happen to have disagreements with (him) on fundamental issues and that's what this campaign is all about."

He had drawn boos with his comment: "I have to tell you, he is a decent person and a person that you do not have to be scared of as president of the United States."

2 comments:

Ranger said...

I have to say...these are the most impressive things I've heard out of McCain in a long time. I've been telling all my friends on the right that a lot of Dems formerly liked the man, had a lot of good things to say about him, but how that has changed. I mean he even worked with Feingold and Kennedy. It's sad to see what has happened to him over the last 7 years. That being said, I can't see a way I would have voted for him, but he really could have been remembered as something more. Perhaps there is still time.

k-mad said...

McCain: wid da tarrists.