Tuesday, September 2, 2008

this is probably nothing to worry about (cont'd)

Arctic icemelt a rising danger
Disintegrating Greenland glaciers an accelerating coastal threat


One of the world’s largest masses of ice could melt much faster than predicted, says a new study that warns the steady loss of the Greenland ice sheet could raise sea levels three times higher than estimated.
. . .

Carlson says that if the Greenland sheet completely disappeared, it would raise sea levels by seven metres, adding that even the slightest increases could threaten hundreds of millions of people in coastal communities.

"The word ’glacial’ used to imply that something was very slow," co-author Allegra LeGrande of the New York-based NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies wrote in the report. "This new evidence . . . indicates that ’glacial’ is anything but slow.

2 comments:

Smiff said...

Hey, didn't John Coleman say this wasn't really happening?

Anonymous said...

My name is Bob Kelly and i would like to show you my personal experience with Allegra.

I have taken for 6 months. I am 42 years old. After I discontinued taking allegra, my mood changed back to normal. If I decide to take it again I will likely reduce my dosage: Maybe just one 75mg tablet every other day -- which means I would go from taking about 60 tablet/month to 15.

Side Effects :
I experienced sudden/sharp lower back pain, became mopey and slightly depressed. Lower sex drive. But it significantly reduced my hives (food allergy related). I was taking 75mg twice daily.

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Bob Kelly