Thursday, September 4, 2008

I drank what?

Maybe I'm just to pessimistic. I think that from the perspective of the average voter, the Republicans have been delivering good speechs and getting some good hits on the Democrats. Do I disagree with most of their attacks, yes. Do I think their policies are destroying and will destroy several of the people who are lining up to vote for them - yes.

But then there is the evil side of me. Another Republican administration will likely mean more massive tax cuts for my family which is earning enough not to be included in Obama's tax cuts. Of course, I normally think we should be paying more in taxes, because we are making so damn much money, but I seem always in a minority of one on that topic.

And then there is the even more evil side of me. I think a McCain administration means we will be going to war with Iran. I think a McCain administration means I will not oppose a war in Iran. I presume thousands of American lives will be lost in a war which may ensure that Iran doesn't have nukes, but will ensure that a dozen other countries will agressively pursue nuclear armament and countries like China and Russia will be more likely to provide them. How can I be concerned about the loss of American lives when a war hero tells me different? If you read Jain's, you know that Iran is not going to be a pushover. More cities than just Tehran will be lost.

And we will fight the war on terror like there is a terrorist under every rock. Perhaps soon there will be. Especially when you identify everything under a rock as a terrorist. The fight will not be won until we have eliminated evil from the universe. Good luck with that. Let me know when I have to buy a gun and metal detector for my house.

And though my years of having kids are over, I can rest assured that lots of abstinance-educated kids will be having kids of their own, and because they are not all governor's daughters, that they will be sinking further into poverty, thus making me more comparatively wealthy. Maybe I can pay some of them $3 or $4 an hour to clean my toilet. Meanwhile I'll be telling my kid to cover up and take advantage of these repressed rebellious girls.

I suppose the only thing that can really trip me up is the religion thing. But after all, I can lie about that. There isn't really a test to see if you believe whatever bullshit you are willing to spew about religion. And thats a good thing, because if there was, I would guess that a lot of Republicans would be shown the door. So I guess I can chalk up all my good fortune to Christ. (Don't ask him though). By the time anyone is the wiser, I'll be burning for all eternity I suppose, but at least I'll be with my cats.

I think a McCain administration will hasten the end, and right now I'm not sure that is a bad thing. It's like the philosopher's gambit in bizarro world. If McCain is elected, and things go well for me, that is good. If McCain is elected and the country goes to hell in a handbasket, also good. If Obama is elected and things go well, that is the best of all possible worlds, but if he fails, it is the worst.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I often feel like the rest of the world will be better off once the US finally unravels in a frenzy of idiocracy and french fried pataters and gets the phokk out of the way. But then I look around the world and see s#i+ like "honor killings" and slave labor, and consider how much worse a lot of stuff was here relatively recently, and wonder, maybe things are trending in a good direction over the long haul, and maybe it really is up to us after all. Which, if true, says scary things about human beings in general.

But my gut feeling is the Cubs better hurry up and win a phokking World Series cuz there probably aren't more than a few left...

Corms said...

the Cubs better hurry up and win a phokking World Series cuz there probably aren't more than a few left...

Especially if they win one.