Sunday, August 3, 2008

Ozzie - the wisdom and panache...continued

Lots of fights but no first place...and maybe Olivo figured, down what - 8, 9 to nothing - you weren't thinking about come-backs so much:

“Olivo overreacted to the situation,” Guillen said. “I wonder why a guy (plate umpire Tim Timmons) thought we were going to hit the guy with the bases loaded with a pitch in on the hands. This is my 20-something year in the big leagues and I still don’t understand what commonsense they have when they make those decisions.

“I’m not going to bring a guy in that throws 85 miles an hour to hit somebody. I guarantee it. I’ll bring (Octavio) Dotel, I’ll bring (Matt) Thornton. Then I will tell them to throw at them. That’s the way I do business.”

1 comment:

k-mad said...

Bringing the mentality of professional wrestling to a ballpark near you.