Monday, July 7, 2008

Corms and ComEd: A Love Story

After sending my e-mail to the ICC on Wednesday I received multiple calls from ComEd on Thursday to rectify the situation. Reading between the lines of what the ComEd representative was saying it sounds like ComEd disconnected the previous tenant for non-payment. Luckily I had my lease in the car and was able to fax it over to them to prove I was a new tenant. After receiving my faxed lease they called me back and said the "formal request" for power had been made and once that happens it takes up to three business days, so with the holiday it would be Wednesday by the latest. Someone would have to let them into the laudry room to take the lock off the power so I told them that I could go do that if they called about 1/2 hour before. I also told them that I couldn't be there Saturday morning because I'd be in the burbs loading the truck. Saturday morning I have the truck 2/3 loaded and go to check the phone, there had been a call from a ComEd number. "Phokkers," thought I realizing that they were trying to turn it on that morning when I told them I couldn't get there. I called the number back and the guy said that he was there to turn on the power, but another tenant happened to be around and let him in to turn the power on. The moral of the story? There ain't one.

4 comments:

k-mad said...

I hope you're not planning to get cable.

Fungster said...

Oh, it's worse. He intends to get cable AND internet. See, what happens then is the cable guy shows up and does his thing. "How about the internet?" Cormsy will inquire.

"You're getting internet too?"
"Yeah, I ordered both at the same time."
"Well, I don't do the internet. That's annudder guy."
"And when does he get here?"
"Lemme check..."

Long story short, dat's annudder 8-12 or 12-4 or 4-8 appointment.

On da plus side, I think Smiff & K-Mad need some new blood in their evening wine fireside chats...

Smiff said...

Goverment should be run more like a business.

Corms said...

I hope you're not planning to get cable.

No, I'm going to call the suicide hotline and get put on hold.