Thursday, May 22, 2008

sounds like Hillary Country

Euro Tickets to Carry the Anti-Racism Message. Feel Free to Tell Russia.

“The problem is our fans,” he says. “I would be happy to sign anyone but the fans don’t like black players. I don’t understand how they could pay so much attention to skin colour. For me, there’s no difference between white, black or red. But the fans are the most important thing Zenit have. That’s why, in future, I have to ask them outright how they’ll react if we sign a dark-skinned player. If the fans don’t agree with me, I won’t do it. I won’t buy a player who won’t be accepted by the fans.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alas, you'll need to fix your link. I was quite happy with the title and the message, but it was changed to be less offensive to a larger group.

Current link is this:

http://euro2008.worldcupblog.org/news/euro-tickets-to-carry-the-anti-racism-message.html