Monday, May 5, 2008

I think if there were knots and strings above my head, I could see them...and how does this fit with hating on the gays?

"The last two years in particular, I've really seen Todd's faith mature. I think it's greatly due to his increased desire to read and study the Word of God. Not that he didn't do that before, but he's had a greater passion for that in recent years."--Jeff Totten, Baseball Chapel leader to the Tigers, on closer Todd Jones.

"I had fallen from grace. I wasn't worthy. The ninth inning is pretty important to teams. I wasn't doing my job. I had to earn my way back into that."--Tigers closer Todd Jones

"I think humans are underneath a crochet piece of cloth. We're underneath and we see all the knots and the strings hanging loose, but God is looking from the top of it and sees the picture being knitted around you. We can't see it because we're underneath. God is making this big masterpiece in your life."--Jones

1 comment:

k-mad said...

That's a bizarre metaphor. Why can't life just be like a box of chocolates?