Thursday, October 18, 2007

Cheney's Law

I watched Frontline on PBS last night, they were on about Cheney's law, about how his raison d'etre was to restore the power of the Executive that was lost in Nixon's days. Everything he's done since then has been calculated for that purpose. Looks like you can watch the whole thing online, I think it runs about an hour. Probably stuff you already know, and then some. Recommended if you want to really work yourself up before playing football or something.

3 comments:

Fungster said...

You picked the Asian out, huh? How about Cheney's lawyer, Addington? Gonzo? Though I guess he did write all the stuff that sez the prez can do whatever he wants, even if Congress passes a law saying "No you can't."

It probably premiered on Tuesday, but it's PBS. They're gonna repeat it several times.

Ranger said...

It was a great program. I am trying to decide if I want the next president to (1) restore the power of the legislative branch or (2) do the extrodiary rendition thing to everyone in this administration.

Corms said...

Fungster, I picked out the Asian because I had never heard of him before.

Ranger, Why not both?