Thursday, January 8, 2009

Why the Democrats will lose the Senate seat in 2010

Because they think that "if a Democrat loses a U.S. Senate race in Illinois, it will mean that things have gone horribly wrong in the next two years, and Roland Burris will be the least of the Democrats' problems."

It wasn't that long ago that Illinois was a swing state (the Blagoviator is the first Democratic governor in, what, 100 years? Or did it only seem that long? And the last two went to jail too...). I'm not sure if George Bush did for the Republicans nationally what George Ryan did for the Republicans in Illinois or the other way around, but Dems only started winning every statewide election when Ryan became the poster child for political corruption, and the Democrats seem to have settled that old score nicely.

If I were Mark Kirk, I'd have my press release announcing my candidacy ready to fire off five minutes after Senator Blagovurris (D-God) is sworn in.

No comments: