Wednesday, May 28, 2008

White House stunned that somebody noticed their fullas#i+ness

White House on scathing memoir by ex-staffer: 'We are puzzled'

White House aides seemed stunned by the scathing tone of the book, and Bush press secretary Dana Perino issued a statement that was highly critical of their former colleague.

"Scott, we now know, is disgruntled about his experience at the White House," she said. "For those of us who fully supported him, before, during and after he was press secretary, we are puzzled. It is sad - this is not the Scott we knew."

Perino said the reports on the book had been described to Bush, and that she did not expect him to comment. "He has more pressing matters than to spend time commenting on books by former staffers," she said. (Also: he can't read -- Ed.)

2 comments:

Smiff said...

"Not the Scott we knew."

Could he be possessed...with a conscience?

Actually, they should be applauding him: he's just out to make a buck like any good Bushie would.

I can't wait for Dana Perino's book, to be called, "Not The Dana They Knew." Look for the chapter, "I Discover the Cuban Missle Crisis."

Smiff said...

BUSH: It’s going to be hard to replace Scott. But nevertheless, he’s made the decision, and I accept it.

One of these days, he and I are going to be rocking in chairs in Texas talking about the good old days of his time as the press secretary. And I can assure you, I will feel the same way then that I feel now, that I can say to Scott, “Job well done.”

MCCLELLAN: Thank you, sir.

BUSH: You bet. Appreciate you.