Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Fall 2006: Was Smiff still here?

OK, Who Pooped In Dusty Baker’s Dugout Spot?

Jon Paul Morosi has a nice little profile of Cubs manager Mike Quade, but he buries the lede. Namely, that in Dusty Baker's last season in Chicago, someone left a going-away present for him.

"At the very end, somebody took a dump right where I stood in the dugout every day," Baker said Monday morning. "That was the low point. The grounds crew guy cleaned it up. He said, ‘Oh, I think it's dog crap.' I said, ‘No it ain't. That's human crap.'"
~

3 comments:

Fungster said...

He certainly was - dat was after I moved into my new place, and he would come and watch da Mercan Futbol at my place. Occasionally we would project the game on his tummy - worked well for everyone. Except him.

k-mad said...

Well den... I phink we got a suspect.

Smiff said...

Yep, some of my finest work right there.