Tuesday, August 18, 2009

An asshole to the very end

Robert Novak: I Didn't Hurt Plame at All -- And 'The Hell with You'!
Lengthy Q and A with the ailing columnist in the new Washingtonian. At end they get around to asking about the CIA leak case. Novak replies in part: "From a personal point of view, I said in the book I probably should have ignored what I’d been told about Mrs. Wilson.
"Now I’m much less ambivalent. I’d go full speed ahead because of the hateful and beastly way in which my left-wing critics in the press and Congress tried to make a political affair out of it and tried to ruin me. My response now is this: The hell with you. They didn’t ruin me. I have my faith, my family, and a good life. A lot of people love me—or like me. So they failed. I would do the same thing over again because I don’t think I hurt Valerie Plame whatsoever." -- Greg Mitchell

~

2 comments:

k-mad said...

Wow, I wish I knew of a CIA agent who's cover I could blow to get back at my beastly critics. Dat would be awesome.

Fungster said...

The Daily Show may have to do a whole show on dis guy.