Friday, February 6, 2009

Da Mare is a Putz (cont'd)

Here's what he said Wednesday about city workers, as justification for selling off the Skyway, the parking meters, and anything else that might generate long-term revenue, for beellions of instantly gratifying dollars:

"They're not customer-related. They're gonna leave at 5 o'clock. They're gonna leave at 4:30 or 4:00. (Why not 3:30? - Ed.) I'm sorry. (He's not sorry - Ed.) We're on a time clock. They walk out. But in the private sector, when you have a customer, you're gonna stay there making sure they're happy and satisfied.

"We can't compete with the private sector. The private sector has a complete idea of who your customers are. (They know when your customers are sleeping... they know when they're awake... Ed.) Government doesn't have customers. They only have citizens. (Very naughty, ungrateful citizens... Ed.)"


Here's what he said Thursday, when people who are out all night plowing snow objected to being portrayed as 9-to-4 clock-watchers:

"I said that some people just watch the clock -- government workers or anybody else -- and leave. (Actually that's exactly NOT what I said, but I'm Da Mare... Ed.) But here in Chicago, we're fortunate that people just don't watch the clock... I never said city workers of . . . Chicago are not good workers. Would you correct that for me? (Because my point was that Chicago needs to sell off all its assets because workers in other government bodies are not good workers -- would you correct that for me? Ed.) I know it's hard because I'm a ping-pong ball for the media. (Yes, I'm deploying the Palin Defense - 'the media doesn't get me...' Ed.) (Also, if I'm a ping pong ball, it might be the kind that's been shot out of the *&%@ of a hooker... Ed.) City workers work hard. I talked about the city in a positive way. But you're trying to follow me in a negative way so you have people yelling at me."

No comments: