Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Day

I kept wondering if they flashed back to the podium after the convocation if Justice Stevens was yelling into a dead microphone, "I quit, I quit."

It's a shame Strom Thurmond was not here to witness this day. On the other hand, he would have loved Michelle.

It was a paradigm shift for me today. I was hoping that after Bush left office he would be prosecuted. Or if that failed, shot. Maybe I'm just in a particularly good mood, but I hope they can convict him and members of his administration for all the crimes they committed in office. Whether he or anyone is ever held specifically responsible for it, beyond censure, I'm not sure I care anymore. History will judge him, and he is unreachable, irredeemable and unreformable by any method of punishment that I can fathom.

1 comment:

Fungster said...

I think they said on KO yesterday that the UN could start proceedings against the former administration members, since those rules are UN rules as well as being US rules. So there are two ways to get your wish. Bush, Cheney, Rummy @ Den Haag? Now THAT would send a message to the world.