Monday, December 1, 2008

I suck, but you voted for me, so who's really to blame?

Bush remorseful on financial crisis: 'I'm sorry it's happening...also, I SUCK'

Asked if he would have ordered the U.S.-led invasion if intelligence reports had accurately indicated that Saddam did not have the weapons, Bush replied: "You know, that's an interesting question. That is a do-over that I can't do. It's hard for me to speculate."

Phokk You.

"I think I was unprepared for war," he said. "In other words, I didn't campaign and say, `Please vote for me, I'll be able to handle an attack.' In other words, I didn't anticipate war. Presidents — one of the things about the modern presidency is that the unexpected will happen."

Interesting. I wonder who started the war...anybody know?

As he leaves office, Bush said he felt responsible for the economic downturn because it's occurring on his watch, but he added: "I think when the history of this period is written, people will realize a lot of the decisions that were made on Wall Street took place over a decade or so" before he became president.

I knew it - all Clinton's fault. Carter, too, that phokk.

Later in the interview, he said: "I can't guarantee that we'll get all our money back, but it's conceivable we could."

Said the man who couldn't find oil in Texas, or his ass with both hands.
~

1 comment:

k-mad said...

On the other hand, the American people got to know that we will safeguard the system. I mean, we're in. And if we need to be in more, we will."

What could possibly go wrong?